Time to deploy the heavy artillery. Almond oil is one of the most used and popular oils and, as the name suggests, is extracted from almonds. This mild and soothing oil is good for both skin and hair. Almond oil is rich in unsaturated fats, vitamin E, potassium, zinc and vitamin K. This makes it an excellent choice for keeping the skin, hair and scalp soft and hydrated.
Oxidative stress is a major cause of damage to the collagen layer of your skin. Since collagen keeps your skin looking smooth and wrinkle-free, you'll want to avoid oxidative stress with antioxidants. Just let almond oil ensure that your collagen production is maintained! Time to shine!
You can use almond oil:
- To hydrate before taking a shower or bath. Massage a layer over your body before showering to prevent too much moisture from evaporating from your skin.
- To protect nails. The zinc present in almond oil keeps your nails strong. Massage a few drops of almond oil under your nails.
- For a naturally glowing skin. After applying make-up, dab a tiny amount on cheekbones to get a beautiful, natural glow.
- As a natural make up remover, before going to sleep. In the evening, massage almond oil directly onto dry skin.
- To strengthen eyebrows. Apply a few drops of almond oil directly to your eyebrows via a cotton swab.